Author Topic: Preferred way of a master/slave configuration with Zentyal 3.0  (Read 3653 times)

christian

Re: Preferred way of a master/slave configuration with Zentyal 3.0
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 02:47:07 pm »
According to this doc, this should work with Samba installed on both (PDC and "BDC" but data (shares) only filled on one  ;))

However this doc is totally unclear to me. I understand this is discussing my point about conflict between LDAP master/slave and Samba DC but I don't understand what it aims to explain  :-\

In what you describe as your goal, there is also on point deserving, I believe, some clarification:
Installing the Master-Zentyal-server as an authentication-, dc- and mail-server and a second Zentyal-server as a slave with bc- and samba-fileshares.

"authentication"... ? Do you mean kerberos (ticket) server ?

onex

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • onex Systemhaus
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »
According to this doc, this should work with Samba installed on both (PDC and "BDC" but data (shares) only filled on one  ;))
I think I'll try this way ...
I already read this document but I wanted to have seperate user / samba / mail into 3 servers. Now I'll merge user and mail on one server and have samba running on a second one (slave).

christian

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »
not having users on Samba server is just not feasible.
- Samba 4 comes with its own LDAP server
- In Zentyal implementation, this Samba:LDAP server synchronizes with local "Zentyal"/LDAP

thus you DO have local users everywhere you will deploy (Zentyal) Samba.

You could have 3 servers if you want:
- users + mail
- users + Samba
- users "only" (well, with Samba but no data)

if it fits specific needs...

onex

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • onex Systemhaus
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 05:17:02 pm »
If I install one master server with user, mail and samba (dc) without shares and a slave as a samba bc with shares, I will have the complete usermanagement on one server (master) and have mail and fileshares seperated, don't I?
This will be the way, I'll try to implement the servers with splitted services, if I'm not wrong.