Author Topic: Useres Synchronization failed!  (Read 1481 times)

hamnsk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Useres Synchronization failed!
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »
Good day! Please help. I have one server zentyal 3.0 with the latest automatic update as a domain controller, the second server with the latest updates as the mail server. I want to sync accounts. I go to the users, synchronization, un introduce the first server, leave the default port 443, I enter the password that is registered on the Sync tab on the first server. But the timing does not work. Writes not the correct password. Password to enter different and manually copying and, in the log says the password is correct to the letter coincides with the password on the first tab of the sync server. And appends an error that password is not correct authorization failed.

I tried to add a second server in the domain, the second domain controller. Long saves the settings samba and then says it was not possible to create a user administrator as there is already directory. In the home folder with shoves all user directories. But do not people groups does not appear. I already broke my whole head. Help set up the sync users.

chiefrango

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Useres Synchronization failed!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:57 am »
I setup a ZCE30 BDC (Zentyal Community Ed 3.0.x) 5-6 months ago, here's what I can remember. Not sure if I was able to cleanup or reinstalled a clean ZCE30 on the 2nd server to be used as Samba BDC. My ZCE30 BDC is turned off right now and I am not finding the BDC setup admin webpage options on my ZCE30 PDC, so this is all from memory.

I believe the trick is to synchronize LDAP using master/slave or setup BDC, but not both. To setup a ZEC30 BDC, find instructions or follow the admin webpage to setup a BDC. This process will implicitly enable LDAP master/slave. The BDC setup will fail with duplicate usernames/groups when LDAP master/slave replication has already been established.

When I setup my BDC, ZCE30 was @ ~3.02 release and I had issues with groups replicating to the BDC sans usernames. I was getting some empty groups on the BDC. Not sure how I overcame this problem.

You'll know when BDC setup "sticks" as the zentyal log files in /var/log[/zentyal?] will start emitting messages about username/group replications every few mintues.

Good luck, Tim...