Author Topic: Tentative Zentyal 3.2 Roadmap Published!  (Read 3634 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Tentative Zentyal 3.2 Roadmap Published!
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »
Zentyal Development Team is glad to announce that the tentative Zentyal 3.2 roadmap has now been published. As disclosed during the Zentyal Summit 2012, the main development lines for Zentyal 3.2 will be:
  • IPv6 support
  • Zentyal Desktop for Ubuntu with Single Sign-On and autoconfiguration of clients
  • Usability improvements and interface review
And if you are saying "What? What about all the other ideas?" Well, you can decide! A new platform at http://ideas.zentyal.org has been set up to make it easier to submit, vote and track ideas. All the current ideas in the trac wishlist, tickets and forum posts will be progressively taken here to have only one, single idea pool.

Naturally, due to limited resources, not all the ideas can come true. However, the most popular and doable ideas will get included in the Zentyal 3.2 Roadmap. Initially, there is no deadline for submitting ideas: you might propose an excellent idea a month before the freeze, get lots of votes and if it takes little development time, get it still included. However, if you are thinking about something that takes lots of development time, you better propose the idea as soon as possible.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

madalin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal blog
Re: Tentative Zentyal 3.2 Roadmap Published!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
Why isnt there a share on the forum db and the ideatorrent ?

I had to register myself..
May the force be with you.

christian

Re: Tentative Zentyal 3.2 Roadmap Published!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:38 am »
For users starting to fill up "ideas" with new inputs, would you mind adding some rational?

I mean that idea like "please add this feature" makes very little sense (obviously except for few including the one adding it in ideastorrent) while writing the same plus few lines about the rational behind the idea will help a lot others to understand why such request.