Author Topic: VPN Error  (Read 1670 times)

sirtec

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
VPN Error
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:24 am »
I have implemented a vpn service al it is working almost at all but I cannot ping any machine from the vpn client, I able the host to host and I push the lan network but still not working I did it in the last 3 distribution I open the firewall but in all scenarios no works. Can you provide me an advice in order to solve it, please!!!
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Krisztián Czakó

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Zentyal Gold Partner in Hungary
Re: VPN Error
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:52 am »
What OS do you use on the client side?
If it's Windows Vista or 7, you should run the openvpn.exe with administrator privileges to make routing work. Without this privilege, the tunnel connects, but the openvpn daemon cannot route traffic into the tunnel.

Running openvpn with administrator privileges is easy (with a user who has this right): right click on the icon, then preferences and choose the compatibility tab, where you can find (bottom) the "run as administrator" option.

moparpogue

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:32:52 pm »
Krisztián is correct.  More specifically, if that does not work, as depending on the security settings of the machine it may not; go into the install folder and change EVERY executable file to "Run as administrator" in compatibility settings.

sirtec

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:52:26 pm »
Hello,

I run it on XP and W7 but I receive the  same error the conection is ok but the users do not have access to the internal network, for  example, the ping from the user, it works to the wan network, vpn network but in the lan network the ping just work in the ip asigned to the server in lan, the rests of lan machines does not work.

Thanks,

Giovanni

Krisztián Czakó

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Zentyal Gold Partner in Hungary
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:21 pm »
Hi,

Check if you have enabled the routing to LAN on your Zentyal server at the VPN configuration!

Regards,
Krisztián

sirtec

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »
The LAN is advice in the advertised network, but it does not work.
Giovanni Arias