Author Topic: Zentyal 3.0 Roaming Profiles don't work  (Read 2771 times)

CaBaL2k

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3.0 Roaming Profiles don't work
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »
I'm very new to Zentyal and ran into problems directly after installation.

Installation went fine and i selected only the office package for installation because i'll want to use it as a pdc.

After the installation i created a user with domain admin rights and then went to File Sharing. There i changed the domain name and activated roaming profiles. After fixing the time on my windows 7 client i was able to successful logon to the domain, but there is no profile copied or even created on the server. But logging in to my windows 7 machine works fine with all 3 users.

So i tried switching the option on and off and save it again, also created two new users but the problem persists. So i made a diff on the config files and the only thing which changes if i check "roaming profiles" is the following

Code: [Select]
> [profiles]
>     path = /home/samba//profiles
>     browseable = no
>     read only = no

The strange thing, where is the directive for the logon drive? Even if i change the drive letter from default H: to M: there is no change to the smb.conf.

Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong here?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:21:55 pm by CaBaL2k »

jan.rok

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.0 Roaming Profiles don't work
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »
I have also this problem.
When I adding new user, I can successfully login into domain, but profiles is not created (/home/samba/profiles/<username> not exist). I must Samba restart - after restart profiles is created.

Where is directive for the logon drive? I dont know :(
Next problem I have with logiscript. See http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,12635.0.html.

It would any comprehensive guide for Zentyal as PDC (and with Windows 7 clients). For us - newbies, please.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
Hi, with samba4 the logon drive is no longer specified in smb.conf, it is set to each user in the Samba LDB database.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

CaBaL2k

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:44:59 pm »
I have also this problem.
When I adding new user, I can successfully login into domain, but profiles is not created (/home/samba/profiles/<username> not exist). I must Samba restart - after restart profiles is created.

Where is directive for the logon drive? I dont know :(
Next problem I have with logiscript. See http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,12635.0.html.

It would any comprehensive guide for Zentyal as PDC (and with Windows 7 clients). For us - newbies, please.

Doesn't work for me.