Author Topic: [SOLVED] The proxy does not access the web page that matches the AD domain name  (Read 3517 times)

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Hi.

I have a problem with the access of the corporate web page.

In the file / var/log/squid3/access.log observe the following type lines that I believe show me a picture blocks access to a certain group companies websites:

GET 23,740 TCP_MISS/503 http://media.dominio_grupo.com

I think I get one of these errors in the log, for each resource to which access attempts and fails.

The issue is that the graphics capabilities of the companies websites, make references to a subdomain of the group's corporate website.

That is www.empresa1.com has graphic content that call media.dominio_grupo.com

And the issue is that when loading the DNS, domain appears to me: dominio_grupo.com

Overall I think it is trying to access internally and not go out to search the contents of media.dominio_grupo.com

Or put more simply, since I can not access proxy www.dominio_grupo.com that I have posted on an external host.

How I can force to try to leave it out to access the site in question, whose name matches the domain defined in the DNS?

I hope I explained.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:17:46 pm by fgonz8 »

innocenti_jr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Proxy problem with Zentyal 3.0 and corporate web page
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:00:16 pm »
Please read:
http://doc.zentyal.org/en/proxy.html#http-proxy-configuration-in-zentyal
and put your local sites into "Cache exemptions".

HTH - Oliver
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

christian

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:36 pm »
when I try to access you sit, I get:
Unable to determine IP address from host name "media.dominio_grupo.com"

robb

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 02:02:40 pm »
[whisper mode]Christian... psst.... I guess 'dominio_grupo' is in English 'yourdomain' ;)[/whisper mode]

christian

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:21 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D  really  ???  ;D ;D ;D

Then what would this mean then

robb

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 02:11:51 pm »
Do a whois on dominio_grupo.com: it doesn't exist.

To add to that: using the underscore '_' in a domain name is as far as I know not allowed and in a hostname strongly advised against.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:25:53 pm by robb »

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »
I try to clarify the issue somewhat.
When I put dominio_grupo, I mean not a real address, but to my company's corporate governance

The problem is that in Infrastructure-> DNS, I have assigned the DNS domain, and I think it makes the search internally.

I attached image of the DNS configuration where is added automatically and is the domain to which I have no access from the proxy.

I added the proxy exclusion, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:27:14 pm by fgonz8 »

christian

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 02:32:43 pm »
I really understand nothing except that you replaced URL with domino_grupo.com and took care to create URL to something that doesn't exist but I'm totally lost with your explanation about DNS  ;)

I fact I start realizing that the key is perhaps in this sentence
The issue is that the graphics capabilities of the companies websites, make references to a subdomain of the group's corporate website.

But I don't understand what it means neither.
I'm waiting for robb to provide some translation  ;D

Making some guess: I you mean to say that you have defined in internal DNS zone that is also described and maintained outside, there is nothing preventing you to add and maintain external hosts in this DNS (I mean with IP not belonging to your LAN).

innocenti_jr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
Ok, forget my hint on "Cache exemptions" and follow Christian's guess ...
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

christian

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

BTW, empressa1 points to nothing neither but I suppose I don't get the meaning here too  :-[  Robb, please help  :P

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
Clearly, I had to explain very badly, to create so much confusion.

Sorry.

The problem only occurs in Zentyal 3.0, I have another proxy with Zentyal 2.2 and does not occur.

This is because in Zentyal 3.0 Proxy module depends on the Users and Groups, and this in turn the DNS, which has not happened in Zentyal 2.2

The problem is that in Infrastructure->DNS,  I have mydomain.com and that domain, I can not access to navigate, which is in an external hosting.

To the other domains haven't problems, only at the domain to appear Infrastructure->DNS

Thanks in advance.

christian

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 03:51:16 pm »
Clearly, I had to explain very badly, to create so much confusion.

Confusion can be on my side only, don't worry

The problem only occurs in Zentyal 3.0, I have another proxy with Zentyal 2.2 and does not occur.
This is because in Zentyal 3.0 Proxy module depends on the Users and Groups, and this in turn the DNS, which has not happened in Zentyal 2.2

Not a matter of confusion or understand, this statement is "wrong".
Proxy design is not very different between 2.2 and 3.0 and definitely does not depend on users & groups. Obviously, without users, you can't authenticate but still you can have either transparent or explicit proxy with filtering (users are only needed for profiling)

The problem is that in Infrastructure->DNS,  I have mydomain.com and that domain, I can not access to navigate, which is in an external hosting.

This is qa bit clearer now. Let me rephrase it:
you are using same domain name for internal and external domain. Because of this, what you describe in Zentyal DNS covers internal machines but does not cover external ones. Am I correct ?

So you have 2 choices:
- either you change internal domain name for something different
- or you describe external servers in Zentyal DNS

Both will work and this has nothing to do with proxy ;-)  Well, if you configure clients with external DNS only, no DNS cache and no HTTP proxy, enabling proxy will generate this error may push you to think that error is due to proxy but error is in fact due to DNS and confusion with domain "ownership", at least for what I understand  8)

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »
This is qa bit clearer now. Let me rephrase it:
you are using same domain name for internal and external domain. Because of this, what you describe in Zentyal DNS covers internal machines but does not cover external ones. Am I correct ?

It's absolutaly correct

So you have 2 choices:
- either you change internal domain name for something different
- or you describe external servers in Zentyal DNS

With the first choice there is a problem. If you see the attached file, the domain isn't possible to change. Not allowed to change or to delete.

And with the second choice, i aren't sure about if you mean at Network-> DNS and there to add the external DNS -I attached file about it- or it's other thing.

I try this last option and the result is the same.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:34:09 pm by fgonz8 »

christian

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »
you mix up DNS client and DNS server  :(

DNS client (network section) is where you define which DNS servers to use in order to resolve names for server you don't manage.
DNS server is where you defined IPs for servers you manage.

My point was to say that even if you do not really manage external servers attached to your domain, you can still define it within you own DNS server.

Only risk is that IP changes without notification, that's it.

Sam Graf

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »

Not a matter of confusion or understand, this statement is "wrong".

Just to note for completeness that the statment is correct in the sense of module dependencies. Unlike 2.2, the 3.0 Users and Groups module depends on DNS (and NTP).