Author Topic: Migrate from Zarafa to Openchange  (Read 1861 times)

decibel83

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Migrate from Zarafa to Openchange
« on: June 18, 2014, 12:19:01 am »
Hi.
How to migrate from Zarafa to Openchange?
I searched the web to an official doc about this but I did not find anything.
I think this is a trivial question as Zarafa was removed at 3.4...
Could you help me please?
Thank you very much.
Bye

dannyboy1121

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Migrate from Zarafa to Openchange
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »
I'm in a similar situation - Running Zarafa at the moment (non Zentyal) and would like to migrate users in to Zentyal Openchange. Whilst I don't expect the community edition to get any full on support form Zentyal over this - I'm a bit surprised that there are no hints or tips.

I guess an IMAP to IMAP copy tool will do for the email - but contacts / calendars etc are a different matter.  ???

swidmer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:55:04 am »
until I hear better, my plan was to copy the MySql database on the Zentyal 3.3 platform with Zarafa, perform a fresh install of Zentyal 3.5 then set up openchange and webmail( roundcube).

That plan is still partially viable as I saw openchange  and webmail have created a new database in MySql.  But I think I will need to build a temporary server under Zentyal 3.3 with Zarafa, re-import the mail database and then copy the mail using thunderbird between the two accounts/servers for each user.

I realize this solution is not good for a large installation of users but for a couple of users it should work fine.

StuartNaylor

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:25:45 am »
imapcopy between a VM and new might do the job for you

http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html

Its in the repo's

swidmer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 03:28:25 am »
Stuart I'm not sure Imap copy will help when all I have left of the old system is a sqldump of the old Zarafa mail database.  What would be nice is an import system to OpenChange/RoundCube-Webmail from a sqldump from Zarafa.

What would be even nicer is when you upgrade from Zentyal 3.x with Zarafa to 3.5 it made the conversion transparently, or at least was able to access the old database, and migrate the users, and all new mail in to the new database, thus not breaking the mail system.

StuartNaylor

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 03:35:05 am »
Yeah I agree, only thing I could think of is why I mentioned VM setup a copy of old zentyal.

Import your database which you will be cursing as you will have to match the users.

Then imap copy over.

There is a zarafa migration tool that dumps to pst's/

swidmer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 03:38:17 am »
Hardly worth it, the system only had 5 logons...and 2 users who actually received any mail.  Unfortunately I do need the old data migrated. Also remember the new Zentyals do not have the VM any more, and even worse the do not support the older video cards like in my Dell 2650 - the console now flashes...topic for another thread.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:40:36 am by swidmer »