Author Topic: Zentyal 3.0 as a windows SSO PDC?  (Read 1848 times)

benronlund

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3.0 as a windows SSO PDC?
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:29:09 am »
Hi I'm new to zentyal but I have been successful setting up a PDC with zentyal 2.2.2 and joined a w7 client after registry edit. Is anybody aware of a video tutorial for zentyal 3.0 or step by step instructions? Some extra things I'm curious about are is it ok to install without Internet connection? Do I need to set up more than interface so I can have a LAN client as well? I've seen numerous posts stating other services need to be installed and configured before file sharing and authentication like dhcp or DNS. When I install zentyal 3.0 office package it always returns Fatal error: could not connect to samba

Thanks for listening

christian

Re: Zentyal 3.0 as a windows SSO PDC?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:42:27 am »
Hi I'm new to zentyal but I have been successful setting up a PDC with zentyal 2.2.2 and joined a w7 client after registry edit.

This shows that installing Zentyal is easy  ;D

Is anybody aware of a video tutorial for zentyal 3.0 or step by step instructions?

I don't know but documentation is now available.

benronlund

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.0 as a windows SSO PDC?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:21:45 am »
I know this is a big ask but if someone would just try it themselves on a vm and list step by step instructions I promise I will upload the video tutorial myself to YouTube. Its just that I have spent an 2-3  weeks of my life on this and zentyal is the only solution that has gotten a windows client to authenticate at all.

Thanks in advance even if you could just guess what my problem is.
P.S. I have read the documentation both the official and the community documentation. The official documentation doesn't really tell you how to set anything up rather it just displays available features. The community documentation is not yet at the point of showing a working example for Zentyal v3.x it only shows for version 2.x which is unfortunate. I managed to get Zentyal installed on v2.2.4 using that documentation however that doesn't involve the use of Samba 4 which is my goal.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:51:17 pm by benronlund »