Author Topic: Users of local Virtual Domain are being BLOCKED/SPAM  (Read 2048 times)

kingmilo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Users of local Virtual Domain are being BLOCKED/SPAM
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:45:16 pm »
I have a strange problem here. I only have 1 virtual domain setup, let's call it "domain.com".
For testing purposes when setting up users email i would normally send a test message from their email to myself.
I have mail filtering turned on for this domain.

So i send an email from  admin@domain.com to kingmilo@domain.com and the sender (admin@domain.com) gets BLOCKED, the message is seen as SPAM. I know this because i check the SMTP_FILTERING log files. If i use the same sender (admin@domain.com) sends an email to an external email address for example kingmilo@anotherdomain.com the email is delivered fine.

I must note that i did not only experience this with admin@domain.com but with 4 out of 5 of my email address's i setup. My temporary solution was to add the senders (all of my emails on my virtual domain) to the SPAM whitelist which then allows the local message to be delivered. At one point even this did not resolve the matter and i had to delete and re-create the user, add to whitelist and then i was able to send.

It seems strange that local users are blocked when sending message over the virtual domain, surely the mail filtering should be smart enough to know this, or could this be a bug? Should i disable outgoing mail filtering?

I look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:46:59 pm by kingmilo »