Author Topic: eGroupware, some glitches  (Read 2161 times)

jp.otto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
eGroupware, some glitches
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:13 am »
Hi,

after installing the new version of eBox, there are some small problems:

- when changing user settings in eGroupware (admin/user accounts), after saving the user data within eBox gets "corrupted": the username in eBox is set to the full name. To recover from this I have to change (in eGroupware) the content of "Name" to that of "Login-ID".

- within eBox "tracker" is missing on eGroupware/Default_applications. Is there a problem with it or was it simply overlooked? "bookmarks" is missing as well...

- when a user sets permissions (e.g. calendar), these are deleted when I change his settings in eBox. I created a new permission template in eBox to give the users a less cluttered desktop. After changing to this in the user settings, all ACL settings in eGroupware are deleted :-(

- the articles in the knowledge base don't get published. Might that be connected with the message "Installed crontab: crontab not found or not executable !!!" (in Admin_Menu/Asynchronous_timed_services)?
Strange thing is: even when I try to publish the articles manually I get "You have not the proper permissions to do that "...

Any ideas?

Jens-Peter

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: eGroupware, some glitches
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:44:53 pm »
- when changing user settings in eGroupware (admin/user accounts), after saving the user data within eBox gets "corrupted": the username in eBox is set to the full name. To recover from this I have to change (in eGroupware) the content of "Name" to that of "Login-ID".

Currently there is no integration between eGroupware in eBox in that way, you can add users from the eBox interface, but if you add them from eGroupware, they'll corrupt eBox ldap as you said. We'll try to fix that in the future, but anyway it's not recommended to add the users from insided eGroupware because other eBox modules aren't noticed of that additions.

- within eBox "tracker" is missing on eGroupware/Default_applications. Is there a problem with it or was it simply overlooked? "bookmarks" is missing as well...

There is a problem with "tracker", we'll try to fix it for the next release. In the case of "bookmarks" it seems to work ok, so we probably overlooked it. It will be included in the next version too.

when a user sets permissions (e.g. calendar), these are deleted when I change his settings in eBox. I created a new permission template in eBox to give the users a less cluttered desktop. After changing to this in the user settings, all ACL settings in eGroupware are deleted :-(

That's similar to the user addition problem. If you change the permissions from eGroupware instead of eBox you'll lose the previous eBox settings for that user.

the articles in the knowledge base don't get published. Might that be connected with the message "Installed crontab: crontab not found or not executable !!!" (in Admin_Menu/Asynchronous_timed_services)?
Strange thing is: even when I try to publish the articles manually I get "You have not the proper permissions to do that "...

I can't reproduce that issue. Posting in knowledge base works for me... How do you exactly get the crontab error?

Regards,

J. A. Calvo

Zentyal Server Lead Developer

jp.otto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: eGroupware, some glitches
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:03:43 am »

Currently there is no integration between eGroupware in eBox in that way, you can add users from the eBox interface, but if you add them from eGroupware, they'll corrupt eBox ldap as you said. We'll try to fix that in the future, but anyway it's not recommended to add the users from insided eGroupware because other eBox modules aren't noticed of that additions.

I tried to enable further modules for a user, basically just playing around to see, what is possible. After saving these changes in eGroupware the user is not accessible in eBox anymore :-(
For me (as I'm not a programmer) this seems to be easy, just a matter of mapping fieldnames.
I would of course not recommand adding users within eGroupware!

when a user sets permissions (e.g. calendar), these are deleted when I change his settings in eBox. I created a new permission template in eBox to give the users a less cluttered desktop. After changing to this in the user settings, all ACL settings in eGroupware are deleted :-(

That's similar to the user addition problem. If you change the permissions from eGroupware instead of eBox you'll lose the previous eBox settings for that user.

I did not see a way to grant access to e.g. my calendar (to enable my colleages to see my appointments) in the eBox configuration and I don't think there is (yet?). 

the articles in the knowledge base don't get published. Might that be connected with the message "Installed crontab: crontab not found or not executable !!!" (in Admin_Menu/Asynchronous_timed_services)?

I can't reproduce that issue. Posting in knowledge base works for me...
I can create articles, they however can not be seen by my colleages. When I go to "Maintain Articles" to and use "publish selected", I get "You have not the proper permissions to do that" (though I have admin privileges  ???)
I verified that "publish articles automatically" is set to yes, but even after days nothing is published  :(

How do you exactly get the crontab error?
As a user with admin privileges I press "Asynchronous timed services" (on the left in the admin menu). There it says in the third row: "Installed crontab: crontab not found or not executable !!!"

Thanks for listening,
Jens-Peter