Author Topic: Can not add users.  (Read 1895 times)

Doward

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Can not add users.
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:39:46 pm »
http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/3459

If you read down (I'm uberDoward on there) you'll see the 'normal' fix isn't working for me.

the fix_quotas doesn't work on my normal 2.2 server.  I installed an additional VM with a fresh copy of 2.2, imported the configuration, and still unable to add users.

I also can't delete Groups under users and groups.

Currently being told might be something 'peculiar' with my LDAP?  What can I check?

Ideas?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:22:07 pm by Doward »

Doward

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Can not add users.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:01 am »
Well, in the past 3 weeks I've gotten nowhere with this at all.  Any help out there?

robb

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:59:13 am »
Hi Doward,

I'm sorry you are kind of stuck with this. Unfortunately I am not such an LDAP expert that I can comment in a constructive way.
But to identify where it goes wrong, can you give some more details?

- on what kind of hardware/platform do you install Zentyal.
- What version of Zentyal do you use and what modules (+versions) are installed?
- How is the network situation for your Zentyal server?
- If you install from scratch _without_ importing configuration, do you have the same problem?
- Are there any related messages in /var/log/zentyal/ ?

Doward

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:24 am »
Zentyal 2.2, upgraded from 2.0, installed in a VirtualBox session.

All modules installed, upgraded to the latest versions.

I'll let you know on the from scratch later this week!

Network is fine, everything works great with the current users.

I will check /var/log/zentyal after attempting to add another user and post back here.

christian

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:46 am »
If you do not change log level in LDAP before trying to add/remove users, it is very likely that you will not see anything related to LDAP in syslog. Reason is that if error is due to LDAP not behaving as expected for, let say, access right reason, as this is not an error from LDAP standpoint, it will not generate any entry in syslog.

browley

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:03 pm »
Just wanted to echo that I am having trouble with this as well.  Right now I am running the Zentyal box as an AD slave and cannot add/delete any user accounts.  I have enabled PAM for the user accounts imported form Microsoft AD but cannot do anything.  Oddly, when I try and modify a user, there is no password field.  I then go to save and am given an error "password is empty." message at the top.  Yet I can't see a pawword field  ???

Next up, when I try and ad admin rights to my user I get the following

Code: [Select]
Unknown error at EBox::UsersAndGroups::addUserToGroup modify/add: memberUid: value #0 already exists
which I assume means that I already have admin privileges/am added to the right admin group.  In terms of the users, one note: I was able to su to my username with my ldap password with PAM enabled.  Any ideas?