Author Topic: Error output: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.  (Read 4930 times)

nikolas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have seen this message appearing, pretty often on my log.

Code: [Select]
2012/05/15 09:59:35 WARN> EventDaemon.pm:188 EBox::EventDaemon::__ANON__ - Error executing run from EBox::Event::Watcher::Gateways: root command /sbin/iptables -t mangle -A FAILOVER-TEST -p tcp --source-port 443 -j RETURN failed.
Error output: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

The above message and the fact that my gateways (2) are never enabled (although working) i think causes a problem with my multigateway rules.

How can i troubleshout this problem and how can I make sure that my multigateway rules are working properly?

nikolas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Error output: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »
I also tried disabling and enabling again the Firewall module as suggested at http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/2755 but I keep getting this message.

Any suggestion?

nikolas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:52 am »
It looks that, when I issue
Code: [Select]
sudo iptables -t mangle -N FAILOVER-TEST firstly, then for some time the command is not failing.

Anyone?

nikolas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »
I changed my external interfaces configuration from PPPoE to DHCP and the above ERROR stopped appearing. But I prefer to have PPPoE, so if there is anything I can do please advice me.

Zei

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:44:36 am »
Hello Nikolas,

It seems that the problem is that the chain FAILOVER-TEST is not initialized, and this chain should be initialized when network is restarted. So I think that you should try to restart the network module and check if the rule is present.

sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal network restart

Check that you have it once you restarted:

sudo /sbin/iptables -t mangle -vL FAILOVER-TEST

nikolas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »
Just for anyone is having same issue.

I found out that the gateway for the LAN Interface was empty. Not on the web interface, but on the /etc/network/interfaces file. Whenever I tried to edit myself the interfaces file, after restarting the network the empty gateway returned. So I entered a different gateway (e.g. 255.255.0.0) from the web interface (restarted network), and then I reentered the correct gateway (e.g. 255.255.255.0) to the web interface. I restarted and everything worked like a charm.

I also found that is better to disable Firewall and Traffic Shaping when making changes to the Network module.