Author Topic: Upgraded. Now just /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket errors.  (Read 6683 times)

galmok

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded. Now just /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket errors.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 04:22:32 pm »
Update: It seems after a reboot, I have to wait for some (3-5) minutes and then suddenly my firewall rules are obeyed. Prior to that, nothing works (except ping, which I have no rule for). This delay of course confuses my testing as I expected immediate results from firewall changes.

I did install the "dbus" package and all my dbus errors have vanished. I suggest to add dbus to your list of dependencies. Installing dbus however didn't solve anything except for the displayed error.

The last remaining error is that I have to run "sudo dhclient br1" after each boot if I want any nameserver usage with ubuntu/zentyal. I don't know why ubuntu/zentyal fails to setup nameservers (/etc/resolv.conf is always empty upon boot but is filled (correctly) with 'sudo dhclient br1').

galmok

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded. Now just /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket errors.
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 04:37:47 pm »
Update: It seems after a reboot, I have to wait for some (3-5) minutes and then suddenly my firewall rules are obeyed. Prior to that, nothing works (except ping, which I have no rule for). This delay of course confuses my testing as I expected immediate results from firewall changes.

This doesn't just happen after a reboot. Seems to happen if just the service is restarted. Can this delay be removed somehow? It is not good service to block network communication for several minutes just to reboot a firewall or restart the service.