Author Topic: [SOLVED] Updating Server 10.04 LTS 64 bit to 12.04 LTS 64 bit with Zentyal 2.2  (Read 2041 times)

Project

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey i have a question :

Is it possible to do a dist upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 when Zentyal 2.2 is installed ?
I installed the Ubuntu Server 10.04 64bit LTS a year ago and then installed Zentyal on it. Works like a charm.
Now i want to dist upgrade to the 12.04 LTS server, will this break my Zentyal installation or will this have no influence ?

Please advice

Grtzz Project.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:14:10 pm by Project »

christian

If your server is in production, I would not try.
If not, give a try and let us know  ;)

robb

Zentyal 2.2 is developed for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Since there are quite some changes in Ubuntu 12.04 I wouldn't count on a working server after update.
I'd say: wait a few months untill Zentyal 3.0 is out and do the upgrade then.

Project

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
If your server is in production, I would not try.
If not, give a try and let us know  ;)

:P ok so this is not tested yet , i will not be the first one to try  ;D

then with this info , how will i be able to upgrade later this year to Zentyal 3.0 since this requires 12.04 LTS ?
- back up the whole system and do a clean install ? then put the config files back ?

robb

As promised by jacalvo, there will be an upgrade script/path from Zentyal 2.2 to Zentyal 3.0

Don't forget to remind him on this (read: spam his inbox with mails that a decent upgrade path should be provided...  ;D )

Project

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
ok thx for the info.  ;)

gpao1966

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi all, this is my first post!

So I'm still not sure how this is going to work. Will you have to do a dist upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 first and then run the upgrade script from Zentyal 2.2 to Zentyal 3.0? I'm about to go live with my system and though it be better to upgrade to 12.04LTS now instead of later when its live.

robb

Current Zentyal 2.2 will be broken if you perform a dist- upgrade from Lucid to Precise now.
To have a safe upgrade you have to wait with upgrading untill Zentyal 3 and the upgrade script is available.