Author Topic: Ebox email server setup  (Read 10758 times)

noob11

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ebox email server setup
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 02:48:17 pm »
I need help.  I am a complete Noob when it comes to ebox and egroupware.  I have a box running ebox with the egroupware and mail module enabled.  I am able to get into the egroupware section but I am unable to send email out.  I can send it to the users I have setup but can't send it to another domain.  I currently do not have anything in the dns module.  The box is behind a firewall but I have been to send mail out before using citadel.  Is there a step by step tutorial on how to setup egroupware on ebox?   

prickly

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 07:43:49 am »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but I found this guide for email setup on ebox: http://trac.ebox-platform.com/wiki/Document/HowTo/SetupMailScenario

I can now send email but I don't have a domain / MX for receiving emails yet ...

itnsadmin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.2/godaddy email config
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 12:47:21 am »
-I've wonder if anyone know how to config zentyal mail with godaddy, since I have godaddy as my domain register. I have already change the mx record in godaddy point to my server, still I'm unable to get my mail on or out. Please help. :-[

christian

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 03:18:29 am »
MX records (on external DNS) are used to tell other MTA how (where) to reach your mail domain, meaning how to send mail to you. These are not used when you try to send mail from your LAN.

Which Zentyal version are you using ?
Tell us more about what you have alreday configured aside MX records.

Marcus

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Professional IT Service
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 05:23:56 pm »
Hello,

Please do not summon/necro post...

Best,

Marcus