Author Topic: Ebox on Ubuntu - bug with network interfaces  (Read 2807 times)

nicolasdiogo

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
  • a pessimist, but trying out optimism
    • View Profile
    • BrainPowered Business Intelligence Consultancy - UK
Ebox on Ubuntu - bug with network interfaces
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:56:37 pm »
i have installed Ubuntu gutsy on an AMD64 using the i386 iso.
installation had some error messages but it seem to have installed properly.
but it is not possible to assign the interface properly.
i have managed to set up the external interface as dhcp
as well as an internal one with dhcp but not with static.

while trying to set a network interface into static ip, the following message is produced and i have the attached report downloaded from:
SYSTEM > BUG REPOR

\n$VAR1 = bless( {
                 '-stacktrace' => 'The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: network  at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 311
        EBox::Global::saveAllModules(\'EBox::Global=HASH(0xa62761c)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Finish.pm line 44
        EBox::CGI::Finish::_process(\'EBox::CGI::Finish=HASH(0xb866518)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 254
        EBox::CGI::Base::run(\'EBox::CGI::Finish=HASH(0xb866518)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 91
        EBox::CGI::Run::run(\'EBox::CGI::Run\', \'Finish\') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 14
        ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler(\'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb89f540)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 203
        eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 203
        ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb8a22b8)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 169
        ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb8a22b8)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 30
        ModPerl::Registry::handler(\'ModPerl::Registry\', \'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb89f540)\') called at -e line 0
        eval {...} called at -e line 0
',
                 '-file' => '/usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm',
                 '-text' => 'The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: network ',
                 '-line' => 311,
                 '-package' => 'EBox::Global'
               }, 'EBox::Exceptions::Internal' );
my opinions and suggestion expressed on this forum are my own as a user.
please note that i am not part of the Zentyal Development Team

www.brainpowered.net - supporting open-source Business Intelligence in Europe

jabster

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ebox on Ubuntu - bug with network interfaces
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:55:29 pm »
I had the same a similar problem installing ebox on gutsy. I was getting an error on the gateway setup page.

I'd guess it's either an older version of ebox in the ubuntu repositories, or a problem with the ubuntu packages themselves.

I didn't even bother trying to fix it, and ended up uninstalling it. Had to resetup my network and reboot.

I then downloaded the ebox distro and installed that on a test server.

Worked much better that way. :)

Personally, I'd wait a few months, as ubuntu is allegedly working on including ebox and enabling it by default. Or least working on better integration between ubuntu and the ebox interface.

--john