Author Topic: LDAP Settings Issue  (Read 4644 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
LDAP Settings Issue
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »
So I have a new install of Zentyal 2.3, and I am working through some issues. One of the issues I have is that my ISP allows static and dynamic IP addresses, so the installer used a dynamic address and then I switched it over to a static address during the initial Zentyal configuration. The problem is that under LDAP Settings, it lists my ISP's information that it got whilst using the dynamic IP address during the initial setup. I would very much like the LDAP settings to reflect my domain name instead of my ISP's. Is there any way to change that information? I am not afraid of CLI administration.

christian

Re: LDAP Settings Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »
...The problem is that under LDAP Settings, it lists my ISP's information that it got whilst using the dynamic IP address during the initial setup...

Could you please elaborate on this?
What do you mean? your external IP address is stored somewhere in LDAP server? Where? (I mean where in the DIT?)

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:33:33 pm »
Probably your are talking about the LDAP DN, no way to change it but purging and reinstalling users module.

exekias

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bug Theory
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:07 pm »
Hi all,

Your problem is that once users is enabled, you cannot change the base dn. If you want to do it you will need to reconfigure users module (but this will delete your current users + configuration):

/usr/share/zentyal/unconfigure-module users

And then configure your desired DN in Users menu, before enabling it.

Best regards

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 08:31:12 pm »
Thanks, yes, the problem was the domain name, not the IP address. I ended up deciding to give up on Zentyal 2.3 and trying 2.2, and while installing I unplugged the network cable until it gave me the option to enter a static IP address and domain name. But it's nice to know there was a way to do that without a reinstall.