Author Topic: IMAP Issue [SOLVED]  (Read 1836 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
IMAP Issue [SOLVED]
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:43:21 pm »
I just installed and set up Zentyal 2.2 for the first time, and almost everything so far has gone swimmingly. I think the last major issue I have left is getting an Evolution client to talk to the IMAP and SMTP server. Basically it isn't workign and I don't know why. On evolution all I get is "Error while scanning folders". The only thing I could find on the server is in the mail.err log it says "dovecot: Fatal: listen(0.0.0.0, 143) failed: Address already in use". I don't know if that is the major malfunction, and if it is what to do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:08:07 pm by nontrivial »

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IMAP Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »
I forgot to mention that the setup in Evolution seems to go OK, but it doesn't seem happy with my user password. Oh, and I just realized that the time stamp on that message is VERY old, so that probably isn't the problem. I have tried both no encryption and TTS encryption and it seems to both fail with the same symptoms.

And a follow up question: Is TTS turned on for SMTP by default, and if so how do I turn it on? The documentation says there is a setting but I can't find it anywhere.

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:54:32 pm »
OK, it looks like it's a simple authentication issue, the IMAP server just doesn't like my password. So is there some trick I don't know about other than changing the password using the Zentyal web console thingie? I don't even have User Corner installed.

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »
OK, figured it out! My username has to include the domain name. Umm, do I get karma points for figuring out my own problem? :-) Well, there is still my question about TTL SMTP:

Is TTS turned on for SMTP by default, and if so how do I turn it on? The documentation says there is a setting but I can't find it anywhere.

robb

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »
 ::)
For roundcube you do need your domainname included. If you use Zarafa, you only have to login with your username in webaccess..

Uhm... you could have read the documentation on this... :P
for roundcube: http://doc.zentyal.org/en/webmail.html#login-to-webmail

for zarafa: http://doc.zentyal.org/en/zarafa.html#configuration-of-a-groupware-server-zarafa-with-zentyal
Until now, mail users were authenticated by the name of their email account, for example bob@home.lan. Zarafa web interface, or its gateways, expects users to be identified by their username, as bob in the previous example. Configuration for delivery through SMTP does not change.

Still, your efforts and posts are appreciated. It indicates where problems arise, so they can be picked up by the devs and solved.