Author Topic: Master - slave setup, users not synchronizing ...  (Read 1617 times)

Tim65

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Master - slave setup, users not synchronizing ...
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:39 am »
Zentyal 2.2 (updated)

I have a master - slave configuration I'm testing with. Whenever I create users on the master, the "slave status" page says the sync jobs of adding the users are still pending, though pressing the "sync now" button works without error. On the slave machine, I can id -a the new users just fine in  a shell. However, I cannot login to a windows domain client (the slave is the PDC) (says "invalid user name or bad password").

I have the slave machine in /etc/hosts on the master machine, and vice versa. iptables is disabled on both machines.

The only way I can get users to work is to unconfigure users and samba on the slave, then reconfigure, then it seems to pull all the users in again, and I can log into windows domain clients. Is there some trick to get the slave to synchronize properly with the master?

christian

Re: Master - slave setup, users not synchronizing ...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:32:23 am »
My last tests with master/slave are very old and I don't remember the very detail but if I'm not wrong, goal behind current design is to permit different Samba configuration "per LDAP slave", reason why you have to configure Samba on each slave (and reason why Samba can't run on master in case of master/slave design  >:( )

Tim65

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:01:25 pm »
I do not have samba installed on the master, only users and groups, whatever else is absolutely neccessary and nothing else ... the slave machine is the PDC and gets its user from the master, and it does not work well at all ...

Mittelerde

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:04 pm »
Hello

do you have a reply when you do a
Code: [Select]
ping MASTERHOSTNAME
on the Slave ?

and
Code: [Select]
ping SLAVEHOSTNAME
on the Master ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:44:01 pm by Mittelerde »