Author Topic: Zentyal (ebox) freezes everytime the VPN is connected  (Read 2068 times)

tech_team

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal (ebox) freezes everytime the VPN is connected
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:20:24 am »
Hi everyone,

I hope there are someone out there who can help me sort things out for my Zentyal. My setup is as follows: I have Zentyal server with 4 LAN, 3 are LAN cards and 1 is on-board. the 3 LAN card are my external or my WAN coming from different ISPs and my on-board serves as my Local LAN which has a network address of 192.168.1.200. I enabled and created a VPN server from Zentyal and created a PPTP users. Then i created VPN connection from windows 7 PC which connects properly and smoothly. But the problem is, whenever the VPN client got connected from windows 7 PC outside the local LAN the whole Zentyal freezes which requires me the reboot the Zentyal server. The VPN network  is 192.168.10.0 which is far different from local LAN. I hope someone can help me sort things out.

christian

Re: Zentyal (ebox) freezes everytime the VPN is connected
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:59:16 am »
Perhaps stupid question: did you try tor use only one ISP (and one external NIC) for debugging purpose?

tech_team

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53:28 am »
@christian

Yes, but no luck. and if using 1 ISP and 1 LAN card will make it work then it will beat the main purpose of Zentyal. But again, no luck. Thanks!

christian

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:59:01 am »
I was wondering if these multiple external NICs could have an impact on the way Zentyal tries to find his route to remote device.

did you try then to run "top" or similar command and see what happens on Zentyal server when it gets frozen? BTW, what does frozen mean here? 100% CPU, unresponsive with no load?

tech_team

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:25:54 am »
Ill do that and check... Yes, frozen means 100% not responding.