Author Topic: PPPOE solution in ebox  (Read 3687 times)

howard_m

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
PPPOE solution in ebox
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:04:46 am »
Hello everyone,

Is there anybody can give some thoughts about PPPOE solution?  ???
My WAN of the ebox pc is connected to an ADSL modem.
I can deal with either PPPOE without ebox or ebox without PPPOE,
but the combination of ebox and PPPOE goes into a mass. ^_^

Any temporary solution will be greatly appreciated !

Best regards
Howard

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: PPPOE solution in ebox
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:14:07 pm »
Hi Howard,

The support for PPPoE is something that we have been neglecting because we expected to rework the whole network module to include it. Unfortunately, we have been very busy with other features. We are fully aware of this missing feature which is even more critical when you don't have a DSL router or you want to replace it with eBox.

Let's see if we can put  some code in place to make easier this integration. We are introducing some changes to run scripts when a module is saved that could open the door to having a partial PPPoE support.

howard_m

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:51:06 am »
Hi Javi,

Thanks for your reply and I wish you a great success on the tasks you've mentioned.

BR
Howard

ttree

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:48:31 pm »
I'm new to ebox
needed a solution for my workplace, computer shop with internet café and hot spot so needed load balancing. 2 of my connections are pppoe. 1 is adsl 2+, set it up at home (got pppoe working),
sudo apt-get pppoe
sudo pppoeconf              bit of mucking round with ip addresses, I have 4 nic's on this server & it's really hard to tell the order of them. from the top they go eth 0 3 1 2
anyway I gop pppoe working fine. ebox shows up ppp0 in interfaces, setup gateway, internet being routed to my home network, yeah
when I got it to my workplace, I ran pppoeconf again & the pppoeconf found a pppoe concentrator on eth0 & stuffed up everything + I forgot I had changed the ip address of my adsl router
cant get back into ebox, even after editing interfaces file. If I can get back in I should be able to fix it otherwise I'll have to reinstall.
dose anyone know how to rerun initial startup config of ebox without reinstalling