In our last Zentyal Community Council, we discussed about the need of some "advanced user" documentation. This documents and how-tos are supposed to fill the existing gap between the current Zentyal doc (kind of cookbook, easy-to-follow step-by-step GUI guide) and the development guides (how to develop new Zentyal modules using perl and Zentyal framework).
The target person is someone used to hack his way around using the CLI, that wants to go a couple
of steps beyond what is possible using only the web interface.
Based on the most frequent requests and what we consider interesting for this target public,
we have put together the following list:
- Troubleshooting and debugging Zentyal, main log files for Zentyal and each one of the services, how to reproduce and catch the errors on the fly, verbose description.
- How to integrate third party applications with Zentyal's LDAP (moodle, openerp, subsonic, whatever...)
- How to adjust the service templates to modify the translation between the web GUI and the resulting
configuration files in a permanent fashion.
- Proper partitioning, RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5 and LVM, how to do it, why and when to do it and good
- Possible documentation appendix covering /etc/zentyal parameters, description, justification and possible tweaks.
We really think this will make a great difference
. Are you missing any other topic? Would you like to contribute with some howto?