Author Topic: ebox-egroupware ready for testing  (Read 18340 times)

shortbus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ebox-egroupware ready for testing
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 01:05:22 am »
Thanks for all your help! Here was the trick for anyone else with the same problem.

You can't install the ebox-egroupware module on ebox stable!

I did a fresh install on Hardy LTS with the unstable repository and eGroupware is installed automatically.
Getting everything to work right was a trick and I still can't customize eGroupware like I can with a normal install but it does work.

I'll tune into the chat more often.

Shortbus

cheesyking

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »
Does anyone else see an advantage to modifying the filemanager in egroupware so that it looks at the users' samba home directories (or somewhere configurable like that) so that egroupware integrates into ebox's file/PDC server roles?

Strikes me that giving users web access to their My Docs (or whatever) would be a nice feature.

I'm an absolute beginner with egroupware so I've no idea how possible that would be...

it looks like the file manager just reads the directory structure of the /var/lib/egroupware/default/files/home/$USER directory each time you click refresh so it's not like samba would have to make an entry in the database for new files or anything.

BTW the egroupware install worked perfectly for me  ;D

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 04:30:16 pm »
Hi chessyking!

Thanks for your suggestion, it will be considered for future versions.

Regards,

J. A. Calvo
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

jason_xtreme

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »
Has any1 been able to update this to 1.6 version of egroupware once installed? i setup egroupware manually at the office but im looking to do the same setup for some1 else would be nice to have egroupware 1.6 integrated into the full system.

newuser44

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 03:14:29 am »
This is great news!

I was trying to get ebox and egroupware to work together before, but had problems with ldap.

I guess I missed this announcement, so I'm really looking forward to trying this new module out.

Are there any plans to make this module available for Intrepid?

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 03:18:00 pm »
Yes, we hope to have all the eBox 1.0 modules available for Intrepid soon.

JAK

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:43 am »
Hello

I can report that the upgrade from eBox 0.12.3 to 1.0 went well and as you might imagine it also resolved the eGroupware module error problem that I was having.

But now I'm puzzled with a question how to reset the eGroupware admin password for access at
"http://localserver/egroupware/setup" ?
I tried:
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg-reconfigure ebox-egroupwareBut that seemed to restart a few eBox modules and did not ask for the administrative account credentials as it was on the first time when installing ebox-egroupware.

BR
Jüri Kirch

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 01:28:10 pm »
Well, the question that you answer when you do a dpkg-reconfigure, as it occurs when configuren other packages as ldap, is useless. eBox generates the password for you, and you can found it at /var/lib/ebox/conf/ebox-egroupware.passwd.

You can also edit that file and restart egroupware modle if you want to change the password.

Best regards,

J.A. Calvo

newuser44

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 05:28:07 am »
I just did a reinstall from scratch using the ebox 1.0 hardy iso and the egroupware setup was great. This is so much easier than doing a manual install of egroupware.

Thank you!!!!

I was wondering about a few things though, as I've been using egroupware 1.2 up until now.

- What/where is the "header admin" name and password? I tried using the one at /var/lib/ebox/conf/ebox-egroupware.passwd but it doesn't work.

- The main egroupware menu had little fly-out menus for the applications that didn't fit, but this version doesn't, so I can't seem to access all the available apps. Is this something that will be fixed with the permissions template update?

Thanks again.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 10:26:52 am »
Hi newuser44!

The header admin name is "admin", the domain admin name is "ebox", the password is the same in both cases and is located at /var/lib/ebox/conf/ebox-egroupware.passwd as you said.

Regarding the menus... please try to change the theme, the default theme is "idots" but we changed it to "jerryr" which seems to be nicer. Try to change it back again to see if you have the same problem. The permissions update doesn't affect to this (it was only a problem applying permissions to a group).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

J. A. Calvo

newuser44

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 03:41:00 pm »
Thanks J.A.

I guess I should have tried "admin"....Doh!

I forgot that you have to setup the template preferences to show the slider effects. I like the idots theme with the side menus in autohide mode, and to limit the number of icons on the main top menu bar, as well as icons only mode. I just find that it is less cluttered looking.

The Jerryr theme isn't bad when using autohide, but the side menu slide-out arrow is easy to miss for new users.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

spott

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 12:25:53 pm »
How to install this package to Ubuntu Jaunty?

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 12:44:24 pm »
There are no eBox packages for jaunty at the moment, we're sorry.

guazap

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 07:56:03 pm »
Same problme here with some other mysql errors:
Code: [Select]
2009/07/03 11:39:14 ERROR> PgDBEngine.pm:165 EBox::PgDBEngine::insert - Error inserting data: INSERT INTO firewall ( fw_dpt, fw_spt, fw_in, fw_src, event, fw_dst, fw_out, fw_proto, timestamp) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""

2009/07/03 11:39:14 DEBUG> PgDBEngine.pm:161 EBox::PgDBEngine::insert - Error inserting data: INSERT INTO firewall ( fw_dpt, fw_spt, fw_in, fw_src, event, fw_dst, fw_out, fw_proto, timestamp) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

2009/07/03 11:39:14 ERROR> PgDBEngine.pm:165 EBox::PgDBEngine::insert - Error inserting data: INSERT INTO firewall ( fw_dpt, fw_spt, fw_in, fw_src, event, fw_dst, fw_out, fw_proto, timestamp) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

2009/07/03 11:40:21 WARN> Logs.pm:309 EBox::Logs::getModTableInfos - tableInfo() in openvpnmust return a reference to a list of hashes not the hash itself
2009/07/03 11:40:21 WARN> Logs.pm:309 EBox::Logs::getModTableInfos - tableInfo() in squidmust return a reference to a list of hashes not the hash itself
2009/07/03 11:40:21 DEBUG> LogFiltering.pm:70 EBox::Events::Model::Watcher::LogFiltering::new - Missing argument: tableInfo
2009/07/03 11:40:21 WARN> Events.pm:572 EBox::Events::__ANON__ - model EBox::Events::Model::Watcher::LogFiltering cannot be instantiated
2009/07/03 11:40:32 INFO> Global.pm:360 EBox::Global::saveAllModules - Saving config and restarting services: firewall mailfilter
2009/07/03 11:40:32 INFO> Module.pm:159 EBox::Module::save - Restarting service for module: firewall
2009/07/03 11:40:48 WARN> Logs.pm:309 EBox::Logs::getModTableInfos - tableInfo() in openvpnmust return a reference to a list of hashes not the hash itself
2009/07/03 11:40:48 WARN> Logs.pm:309 EBox::Logs::getModTableInfos - tableInfo() in squidmust return a reference to a list of hashes not the hash itself
2009/07/03 11:40:48 DEBUG> LogFiltering.pm:70 EBox::Events::Model::Watcher::LogFiltering::new - Missing argument: tableInfo
2009/07/03 11:40:48 WARN> Events.pm:572 EBox::Events::__ANON__ - model EBox::Events::Model::Watcher::LogFiltering cannot be instantiated
2009/07/03 11:41:15 INFO> Module.pm:159 EBox::Module::save - Restarting service for module: mailfilter
2009/07/03 11:41:15 ERROR> Sudo.pm:185 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command /usr/bin/test -f '/var/lib/ebox/tmp//trainSpam' failed.
Error output:
Command output: .
Exit value: 1
2009/07/03 11:41:19 ERROR> Sudo.pm:185 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command /usr/bin/test -e '/var/run/p3scan/p3scan.pid' failed.
Error output:
Command output: .
Exit value: 1
2009/07/03 11:41:19 DEBUG> PgDBEngine.pm:161 EBox::PgDBEngine::insert - Error inserting data: INSERT INTO firewall ( fw_dpt, fw_spt, fw_in, fw_src, event, fw_dst, fw_out, fw_proto, timestamp) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

2009/07/03 11:41:19 ERROR> PgDBEngine.pm:165 EBox::PgDBEngine::insert - Error inserting data: INSERT INTO firewall ( fw_dpt, fw_spt, fw_in, fw_src, event, fw_dst, fw_out, fw_proto, timestamp) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 08:14:28 pm »
It seems that you have problems with postgresql in general, that's not related directly with ebox-egroupware. You can try to remove postgresql and install ebox again. (Be careful if you have data that may be lost).

Regards,

J. A. Calvo