Author Topic: EBox install is good, now trying to extend LDAP  (Read 2090 times)

kjurkic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
EBox install is good, now trying to extend LDAP
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:15:55 am »
Howdy

I have installed the latest (.12.3-1) ebox, and it was all smooth, on a Dell 850 server. What I am trying to do, is manage LDAP using a 3rd party GUI utility called LUMA. If I connect to the ebox server using anonymous bind, I can view the list of users I created through the standard ebox web-face. So the browse/lookup feature is working.

I know/have my LDAP admin password and am binding as cn=admin,dc=ebox and basedn as dc=ebox

If I try to get admin access, LUMA needs to know the encryption method (no encryption, TLS or SSL) and the authentication mechanism. LUMA is mostly returnimg the error message "cannot connect to LDAP server"

LUMA offers a list:

Simple
SASL CRAM-MD5
SASL DIGEST-MD5
SASL EXTERNAL
SASL GSSAPI
SASL Login
SASL Plain

I have not tried all possible permutations, but was wondering if I missed something.

I would like to use LUMA to manage users & groups, as I want to give an office staff person the ability to create & manage the accounts & address book; it is a "friendlier" interface, plus I can pre-program the password so they don't need admin account, and are restricted just to user management.

For those looking for a user-management tool for LDAP, you might consider http://luma.sourceforge.net/ LUMA
TIA
Ken