Author Topic: two simultaneous connectinons ipsec vpn trough ebox  (Read 2225 times)

atipic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
two simultaneous connectinons ipsec vpn trough ebox
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »
Hi,

I have an ebox server working in a workgroup, and I have an error when I try to connect two vpn clients, I connenct the first without problem, but when I try to connect the second one there is an error in connection. If the old client disconnects then I can conect without problems from the second one. I solve this few days ago in a post, on the forum but now its impossible to find it, any one has any idea please? thank you. I remember that is something about gre protocol

jonne_jvl

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: two simultaneous connectinons ipsec vpn trough ebox
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:34:41 am »
Are both of the external clients behind the same nat / router?

In general I dont think you can have multiple vpn connections between two nets, that are both natted.
Might be better to set up a proper tunnel between the nets in that case.

atipic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »
the scenario is the following.

I have a fileserver, mailserver, firewall and proxy with ebox.
Two clients inside my network want to connect to external server trough vpn pptp gre, its possible to connect both separately but not at same time, when one is connected the other cant, and viceversa. All the traffic trhough internet pass for the ebox, obviously is some configuration to the evox but anyone knows what? any idea? thankyou

jonne_jvl

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »
In my experience that never works well, sorry. They should be able to vpn to different external ips/networks but you will get weird results when the connect to the same net.