Author Topic: Installation for beginner  (Read 2325 times)

qserver

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Installation for beginner
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:04:07 pm »
Hi all,
I am very new at this program. I need some guideline for ebox installation. I downloaded and burned a cd just like the web said. Once the installation is done, and i log in, the system waits for command like this

ubuntu@ubuntu:`$

Now I don't know where to go from here. I can't get to a web browser or start ebox. I am sure that ebox has been installed. But I can't access it.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: Installation for beginner
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:34:16 am »
Once you logged in, run ifconfig -a to know the IP address to connect to and from other host, type in the web browser:
Code: [Select]
https://<ip_address>/ebox

Then, you will have access to the eBox web interface. Default password is ebox.

BR,
My secret is my silence...

ndra

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:43:47 am »
Hi all,
I am very new at this program. I need some guideline for ebox installation. I downloaded and burned a cd just like the web said. Once the installation is done, and i log in, the system waits for command like this

ubuntu@ubuntu:`$

Now I don't know where to go from here. I can't get to a web browser or start ebox. I am sure that ebox has been installed. But I can't access it.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi all.

I'm Hendra from Indonesia. I want to use ebox for my internet server for my internet cafe. I have already installed it but I found the same problem with qserver.

If sixstone answered like this:

Once you logged in, run ifconfig -a to know the IP address to connect to and from other host, type in the web browser:
Code: [Select]
https://<ip_address>/ebox

Then, you will have access to the eBox web interface. Default password is ebox.

BR,

how I can enter the web browser from the command prompt? I have typed: firefox, but the system said that firefox isn't installed yet.

Please help me.

JAK

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:08:05 am »
Hello

You have to try to connect from a second computer that is on the same network then you eBox. Like sixstone said: "from other host".

Best Regards
Jüri-August Kirch

ndra

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:54:08 pm »
Hello

You have to try to connect from a second computer that is on the same network then you eBox. Like sixstone said: "from other host".

Best Regards
Jüri-August Kirch

I have trouble with the networking, so I can't connect from a second computer. Server and client are not connected yet. The problem I've post here: http://forum.ebox-platform.com/index.php?topic=1003.msg3805#msg3805