Author Topic: Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox:: (upgrade "frozen") Ubuntu 10.04.02 LTS  (Read 3411 times)

whitehat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Running the most recent beta of zentyal on Ubuntu 10.04..2 LTS with all updates:

zentyal              2.1
  zentyal-common  2.1.1
  zentyal-core       2.1.4
  zentyal-squid      2.1.2

I ran sudo apt-get upgrade today and all went well until it began to upgrade zentyal-squid.  I've included log files, zentyal.log,  history.log term.log and output from console.

CPU and Mem are at 57% and 62% respectely.  The upgrade seems to be stuck at the following:

Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Model::ModelManager::_setUpModelsFromProvider" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/ModelManager.pm line 564.
Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Types::Select::foreignModel" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/ModelManager.pm line 637.
Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::DNS::Model::NameServer::_hostnameModel" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Types/Select.pm line 214.
Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Model::Component::parentRow" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/DNS/Model/NameServer.pm line 285.
Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Model::Component::parent" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/Component.pm line 261.

Additional info:
  top indicates command initial-setup is at 94% CPU and 72% memory.

Ideas?

Thank you.

================

update after 45 minutes the following:

Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Model::Component::parent" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/Component.pm line 261.
Deep recursion on subroutine "EBox::Model::Component::parentRow" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/DNS/Model/NameServer.pm line 285.
/var/lib/dpkg/info/zentyal-squid.postinst: line 7:  6159 Killed                  /usr/share/zentyal/initial-setup squid $2
dpkg: error processing zentyal-squid (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 137
Processing triggers for zentyal-core ...
 * Restarting Zentyal module: apache                                     [ OK ]
 * Restarting Zentyal module: logs                                                                [ OK ]
 * Restarting Zentyal module: events                                                              [ OK ]
Errors were encountered while processing:
 zentyal-squid
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
l@zen1:~$

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:51:26 pm by whitehat »

moula

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Bonjour,

Juste to confirme that i have the same problem, and no way to make an update, while i'm connected to the net and i have an ip wan.

Merci
bye

innocenti_jr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Hi!

This bug will eat all the server's memory. It is in zentyal-core (not -squid).
(Error code: 501.)

The workaround is to downgrade to zentyal-core v2.1.3.

Cheers - Oliver
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

whitehat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thank you for your responses.  I also found a quick solution.  I needed that machine so it was faster for me to a complete reinstall.  Either way problem is solve.

Thank you.
Regards,
Lou

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Hi there,

We were able to reproduce the problem with other module (dns). We are trying to fix it. We'll report back as soon as we find the solution.

Thank you very much for your findings here.

Best regards,
My secret is my silence...

spiral

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
same issue here...

gilaa

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
same issue here...

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
This should be fixed with the new zentyal-core 2.1.5. We would be glad if you could confirm that it fixes your problem and no other issues arise. Thanks for your help!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

spiral

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
seems to be fixed....

Thanks.

innocenti_jr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
This should be fixed with the new zentyal-core 2.1.5. We would be glad if you could confirm that it fixes your problem and no other issues arise. Thanks for your help!

Hi!

Yes, Zentyal is working again!

Thanks - Oliver
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

whitehat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Looks like its working now.
Thank you.
Lou