Author Topic: Where are the user's inbox files and how do I move them?  (Read 2872 times)

quikmcw

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Where are the user's inbox files and how do I move them?
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »
Okay, I'm maxing out the "/" partition and I need to find and move the user's mailbox or inbox files.  Where are the mailbox files and which configuration file do I need to modify to move their default directory to another partition?  I'm using zarafa if that makes a difference!

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the user's inbox files and how do I move them?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
Okay, I'm maxing out the "/" partition and I need to find and move the user's mailbox or inbox files.  Where are the mailbox files and which configuration file do I need to modify to move their default directory to another partition?  I'm using zarafa if that makes a difference!

It certainly does. Zarafa's data is stored in a mysql-database.

Moving it is in theory possible, but I would strongly advise against it. You will have no guarantee as to what would happen after an update/reconfiguration of Zentyal, as it could potentially overwrite your configuration files. Look to these alternatives before you do it.

• If you're running LVM you can expand the logical volume to include several drives.
  • If not, you can clone your system onto a bigger drive, resizing / in the process.
  • If that's not possible you should probably try to move some of the other files instead.
  • If neither is possible, and you're running 2.0, you can backup your system, re-install with LVM, restore the system and grow your volume.

EDIT: I just noticed you said you wanted to move the data to another partition, not another drive. If you have spare space on the same drive, better to just resize your partitions.

Good luck
::Trym
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:55:00 pm by Trym »

quikmcw

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the user's inbox files and how do I move them?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 07:16:24 am »
and resizing going to take reloading the OS........great!