Author Topic: Email forwarding  (Read 8922 times)

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Email forwarding
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:11:44 pm »
How can I forward emails to example@hotmail account? I have set the mail server which is working nice so far, and I have an account but I cant figure out how to forward emails to another account. 

Terence Loo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Email forwarding
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:28 am »
How can I forward emails to example@hotmail account? I have set the mail server which is working nice so far, and I have an account but I cant figure out how to forward emails to another account. 

Hi there,

Thanks for your reminder. I also had the same doubt.  :P

Also, "Out of Office Assistance" ???

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:09 am »
I'm afraid this feature is not accomplished. However, there is a ticket [1] talking about this issue...

It could be move to a feature request.

[1] http://trac.ebox-platform.com/ticket/227
My secret is my silence...

Terence Loo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:57 am »
I'm afraid this feature is not accomplished. However, there is a ticket [1] talking about this issue...

It could be move to a feature request.

[1] http://trac.ebox-platform.com/ticket/227

Hi Sixstone,

Thank you for your reply and we shall move this to feature request section.

Thanks again.

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 05:34:26 pm »
hmmm... meanwhile, is there a way to do this "manually"? I know in a common postfix install, you can do this by modifying
/etc/postfix/virtual , which is specified in main.cf by alias_maps I think. however, in ebox, it points to ldap:valiases.

xzased

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Got it to work
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:50:14 pm »
BIG EDIT!!!

Ok. I got it to work now. It now stores a copy in the mailbox, what I did was

1. sudo nano /etc/postfix/virtual
2. added the mail addresses to forward. ie   test@mydomain.com   pepe@hotmail.com,test@mydomain.com
3. Save the file and edit the line virtual_alias_maps in /etc/postfix/main.cf. The original is:
     virtual_alias_maps = ldap:valiases     change it to     virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual, ldap:valiases

4. Run: sudo postmap /etc/postfix/virtual, then reload postfix: sudo postfix reload

And thats it, now all mail to test@mydomain.com goes to pepe@hotmail.com and a copy is stored for the original destination.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:58:53 pm by xzased »

Terence Loo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Got it to work
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:20:44 am »
BIG EDIT!!!

2. added the mail addresses to forward. ie   test@mydomain.com   pepe@hotmail.com,test@mydomain.com
3. Save the file and edit the line virtual_alias_maps in /etc/postfix/main.cf. The original is:
     virtual_alias_maps = ldap:valiases     change it to     virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual, ldap:valiases

4. Run: sudo postmap /etc/postfix/virtual, then reload postfix: sudo postfix reload

And thats it, now all mail to test@mydomain.com goes to pepe@hotmail.com and a copy is stored for the original destination.

Wow.... Thanks for the feedback and will try it out.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Terence Loo

zergius

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Got it to work
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:57 pm »
BIG EDIT!!!

I think it's beter to edit not "/etc/postfix/main.cf" but "/usr/share/ebox/stubs/mail/main.cf.mas", isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:11:47 am by zergius »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:17:41 pm »
Yes, it's better to edit the .mas template if you don't want to lose changes after restarts. There is a typo in your path, it's "stubs" instead of "stumb" ;)
Zentyal Server Lead Developer