Hi Zentyal users,
The Zentyal Development Team is glad to announce the availability of the 2.2-rc1 installer! This is the first release candidate for the 2.2 stable series.
As the beta releases have ended, it means that this version comes already with all the Zentyal 2.2 features. From now on, all the focus will be on bugfixing (your help finding those bugs is crucial!), polishing details and also preparing easy migration process from 2.0 to 2.2.
Regarding the changes since the last 2.1-2 release, we want to highlight the following:
- Based on the fresh new Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
- Administrator audit logging
- Zarafa 7 integration
- Usability and performance improvements
- Many improvements in the VM management module
Also lot of bugfixing has been done!
You can download the new installer, as usual, from the Beta Downloads
page. If you already have installed Zentyal 2.1, you can also upgrade your packages to the latest available versions, but please take into account that upgrades from 2.1 are not guaranteed to be problem-free, so it might be a good idea to have a fresh start to avoid running into any problems. However, if you want to try the upgrade we will be pleased to help you, just report any issues you face on the Beta Testing board
in this Forum .
- The Zarafa module is compatible with both Zarafa 6 and 7, so people with a running Zarafa 6 installation won't be forced to upgrade at all.
- The new repository for Zarafa 7 is:
deb http://archive.zentyal.com/zentyal 2.1 extra
- The Administrator audit log is disabled by default. To enable it just go to "Maintenance -> Logs -> Configure Logs", but take into account that if you are upgrading from a previous 2.1 version you'll need to create the database tables by hand with the following command:
perl -MEBox -MEBox::Util::SQL -e'EBox::init(); EBox::Util::SQL::createCoreTables(); 1';