Author Topic: Zentyal 3.2-rc1 available for testing!  (Read 11562 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Zentyal 3.2-rc1 available for testing!
« on: September 03, 2013, 07:51:41 pm »
The Zentyal Development Team is proud to announce that the first Zentyal Server 3.2 release candidate (Zentyal 3.2-rc1) is now available for download! The next stable Zentyal Server version, Zentyal 3.2, will be published on the 19th of September.

The Zentyal 3.2-rc1 comes with all the Zentyal Server 3.2 features and from now on, all the focus will be on bugfixing, polishing details and working on migration paths from Zentyal Server 3.0 to 3.2. This version includes all the bug fixes done since the last beta release together with the following improvements:
  • New base distribution: Ubuntu 12.04.03 (featuring a new Linux 3.8 kernel)
  • Unified style and usability across the GUI
Moreover, as announced in the Forum, the following modules have been moved to the contrib repositories in order to live up to our motto of being an easy-to-use Linux small business server:
  • PPTP
  • Virtualization
  • Thin clients
  • VoIP
The release date is approaching quickly (September 19th!) so it is more important than ever that you join the testing effort! To test this version, do a fresh installation of Zentyal 3.2-rc1 with Internet connection to make sure that the latest versions of the packages are downloaded. If you already have a Zentyal 3.1-2 installed, you can upgrade the full system by using the Software Management module or with apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade in command line.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

robb

Re: Zentyal 3.2-rc1 available for testing!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:36:39 pm »
testing as we speak...
Do I need to reinstall when the final release comes out?

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:57 am »
No, you should be able to upgrade to the final 3.2 without problem if you install the RC now.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

robb

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:21:44 am »
If you were a girl:  :-*

;D

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »
/---  turns head away quickly and keeps moving along -----/

thorsten

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:34:34 am »
Hi

Just my opinion ...

PPTP - OK, I am fine for the same reasons

Virutalization - OK - it did never work really well, so I always returned to virt-manager from the respiratory

Thin Clients - Oh, bad, I really like the module and its features - I would have preferred an even better support as I wanted to provide specialized clients to guests just for internet surfing / tiny office work. I will miss that I I do not have any hope that there is a change of improvement. Question: Is at least the "next tftp server" option still available on DHCP? This would allow mit to set up a virtual machine with edubuntu / ltsp...

Asterisk -I will really miss that - in fact - I will try to keep 3.0 running as long as possible ...

Best regards
Thorsten