Author Topic: [SOLVED] Unable to Enable Users Module in Zentyal 2.2  (Read 2180 times)

jjm1982

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Unable to Enable Users Module in Zentyal 2.2
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:58:01 pm »
Ticket# 5018

***I'm hoping that someone will have some type of an idea***

I attempted to migrate ebox 2.0 to zentyal version 2.2 but the migration script failed. I then proceeded to install zentyal 2.2 manually and have been able to setup all other required modules but the users and file sharing. I encounter this error when trying to enable the users module. This is the second time attempting to reinstall the module using this command '/usr/share/zentyal-users/reinstall' from ticket ​http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/3838

*Error below* Failed to enable: root command set -e auth-client-config -a -p ebox auth-client-config -a -p ebox -r auth-client-config -t nss -p ebox failed. Error output: Error in resetting 'nss': No previous settings found in current file -- Errors found. Aborting (no changes made) Command output: . Exit value: 1

Error

Failed to enable: root command set -e
auth-client-config -a -p ebox
auth-client-config -a -p ebox -r
auth-client-config -t nss -p ebox failed.
Error output: Error in resetting 'nss': No previous settings found in current file
 --
 Errors found.  Aborting (no changes made)

Command output: .
Exit value: 1

Trace

Failed to enable: root command set -e
auth-client-config -a -p ebox
auth-client-config -a -p ebox -r
auth-client-config -t nss -p ebox failed.
Error output: Error in resetting 'nss': No previous settings found in current file
 --
 Errors found.  Aborting (no changes made)

Command output: .
Exit value: 1 at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController.pm line 74
   EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController::_process('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0x25...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 275
   EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0x25...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 129
   EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/zentyal/cgi/ebox.cgi line 34
   ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_zentyal_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x26c2f458)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
   eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
   ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x26c0a3a8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
   ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x26c0a3a8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
   ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x26c2f458)') called at -e line 0
   eval {...} called at -e line 0

• Purged all Zentyal modules and rebooted server
  • Selected zentyal-core, users and samba from the list of packages to install. This was to keep things minimal as I work through the issues
  • Installed libnss-ldapd and libpam-ldapd instead of libnss-ldap libpam-ldap
  • Imported backed up LDIF from zentyal 2.0 configuration using a plugin in Eclipse
  • Updated ldap password form the new one that was installed after purging the modules earlier
  • Was able to add and remove users but was unable to access any shares. Every attempt prompted for a user name and password
  • Replaced libnss-ldapd and libpam-ldapd with libnss-ldap libpam-ldap and removed nslcd package
  • Updated sid with /usr/share/zentyal-users/fix-sid and restarted zentyal users, zentyal samba and winbind services
  • After the above steps, the user shares were accessible, I finished setting up the DHCP and DNS modules to complete the installation
  • Also noted that in order to have thin client allow the selection of a group object or a range of IP addresses the zentyal ftp package must be installed

All this took me the better part of four night working minimally 4 hours each night; I got very little sleep :( I do hope this info helps someone since a number of the steps I used came from numerous forum threads and tickets which don't appear to be completely resolved.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:50:29 am by jjm1982 »